Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 9: First Weigh-in and Cheating

So, i had my first weigh-in yesterday and i have officially lost 5kg (11 pounds) in one week!!!!

 It feels wonderful.  Discipline does pay.  The first time i did CWP (Cambridge Weight Plan) the most i lost (which was in the first week) was 2kg and you are expected to lose the most amount of weight in the first week.  

Now i know why you cant afford to cheat.... not even when you really know how to.

Cheating on the diet is pretty easy, just don't eat Carbs. I have however come to understand that there is a delicate balance which means that you can't combine doing Atkins and Cambridge.  You have to do one or the other.  Both diets restricts carbs and require you to achieve and remain in ketosis however, the impact on the body is different.  Whilst Atkins encourages you to top up on fats and not count calories, Cambridge limits you to less than 500 kcals a day (if you are on sole source).  I am not a scientist so i cant really break it down.  All i know is that there is no point cheating when doing CWP.  Besides, the minute you start to eat, it is a slippery slope back to your old habits.  And here is what old habits look like!

I have stocked up on fibre and flavouring for my water.  It cost me N8,000.00 for both of them plus N13, 500.00 for my meals for the week and N2,000.00 for the Cambridge Bag.  In total i spent N23,500.00.  This  diet is so expensive there really is no point cheating.  If you are going to do, do it right or don't do it at all.  I hate to think about how much i spent the first time i tried the diet and all the products i had to throw out because i gave up and they expired.  No point deceiving yourself. I am sure i sound like a CWP Consultant...oh well.  It is the truth.  I am only speaking from experience.

I am so looking forward to my skinny self and my Peruvian weave which i will be splurging on once i hit my first target and boy would i have earned it.  I'm going to be looking hot! hot!! hot!!!

5 comments:

  1. Well done my dear! lol@ Peruvian hair. Now i'm motivated to lose 5-7pounds i've been procastinating about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tigeress. I don't understand why you want to lose 5-7 pounds though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cos i'm not ready to buy new clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when someone cheats on this diet like the second week, eating carb foods. what will happen? does it mean its over and there is no changing it?

    ReplyDelete