Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 7: This is no joke....

I have now gone past the point of coping just fine to the realms of hell!!!

Last night the craving for pepper and the sensation of actually chewing something was soo bad.  Having fought the urge for most of the day, at midnight i succumbed and had a piece of smoked peppered fish.  I have gone six whole days without cheating and now i am consumed with guilt because i ate the tiniest bit of fish. Seriously?!!!

As usual, i hopped on the scale the minute i got up and to my horror, i weigh the same as i did yesterday.  It must have been that piece of fish. Really????  Now, i'm feeling demotivated.  It is for this exact reason you are advised not to weigh yourself everyday, but i cant help it.
Anyway, i need to vent.  This diet is driving me crazy.  I spend all my time running to the loo as i am consuming 4 ltrs of water everyday.  This translates to peeing every 10 minutes or so and it is such a pain. I mean how won't you lose weight when you can't sit still for 10 minutes...makes sense. The thought of going anywhere far scares me because sometimes the urge to pee is soo strong i think i'm going to go right there. Imagine being stuck in Ikoyi-VI traffic.  But the water works.  I think the more you drink, the more weight you will lose (...yeah, cos the more you will move around).  For instance, i think i did barely 2ltrs yesterday and that may be the reason why i didn't see a 0.5kg loss which is the minimum daily loss i expect....for now.

As if the peeing is not bad enough, between last night and this morning i have spent about 5 hours on the loo (i exaggerate not) and still no success. Too much information....i know, but my fellow cambridge dieters can relate.  I am in soo much pain right now and it feels like i'm walking around with a stick shoved up my arse!  It hurts soo much i have given up.  At my weigh-in tomorrow, i'm definitely getting the flax seeds.  No diet is worth this amount of pain.  I must admit, my consultant advised me to get the flax seeds but i refused because i have slimmer tea which usually does the trick (and i was being cheap).  I have had 4 bags of slimmer tea (in one cup) and it is not working.  All it does is make me have contractions but the pain is so bad, i just don't want to push.

So sorry guys, this is way too much information...but it is what it is!

Here's another fat picture of me. Despite the challenges of the diet, i don't want to look like this ever again.

6 comments:

  1. OMD I cant read this at work - i'm actually cracking up here Flora. Will read when i get home.

    We shall overpower all these spring chickens Isha Allah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So i know TMI- i'm the queen of constipation and i've found that eating half to a a bag of prunes works like magic. Try and avoid the laxatives/slimming teas - trust me - never a good experience. Prunes guarantees you a controlled 'experience'. Problem now is if person fit find prunes for Lagos. And if you can't simply google 'food containing high fibre' in it- and take from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this is very good Tigeress. The only problem is i'm not allowed carbs. I am allowed Flax seeds and i understand they don't have fibre so i'm getting that tomorrow. Thanks though

    ReplyDelete